Review: 1/35 Equipment set for modern US military vehicles (Meng Model SPS-014)
When US troops are on the way with their vehicles you often see the vehicles packed with bags, tents, boxes and any other kind of stowage! To bring your scale model to life, it is great to put stowage on your model to represent an used vehicle. There are lot of aftermarket solution available and now Meng Model has jumped in as well. On the box you’ll find a nice boxart with instructions on the back of the box.
Upon opening the box you’ll find:
- 2 sprues
- 2 rubber tires
Y-sprue: there are two of these sprues, making it so that everything is there two times. One sprue contains:
- 3 different coolers. (making a total of 6)
- 2 different military cans, one water and one regular jerry can. (making a total of 4)
- 3 different types of civilian cans, 1 big jerry can and 2 small plastic cans. (making a total of 6.)
- 1 ammo box. (making a total of 2)
- 1 wheel rim. (making a total of 2)
- 1 M240 machine gun. (making a total of 2)
- 1 M82 sniper rifle. (making a total of 2)
Rubber tires: A nice set of rubber tires that go on the plastic rim. Just a little flash on the inside but will be easy to clean.
A nice equipment set to use on your model, off course you already could get jerry cans here and there but some extra are always welcome. The coolers and the civilian jerry cans are a big welcome if you ask me, they are not easy to find in plastic! This will give your model that more ‘personal look’ as if the soldiers using the vehicle bring along their own stuff. The molding is crisp and clean and the detail looks sharp. Only a bit of flash on the rubber tire was a slight minor point, but this is quickly removed. Looking at the price of this equipment set I would say this is a great addition to your modelers stash and will look great on your vehicle or diorama.