RG-31 Nyala (Kinetic K61012) Build Log (Finished)

Home Forums Build Logs Land Vehicles RG-31 Nyala (Kinetic K61012) Build Log (Finished)

Tagged: , , ,

This topic contains 3 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by Profile photo of Boris Kamp Boris Kamp 1 year, 7 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • #11784
    Profile photo of Boris Kamp
    Boris Kamp
    Keymaster
    @boris-kamp

    I started this build with the front half of the chassis where the engine is placed. The kit is pretty good, sometimes some modification is required to make it fit perfect.
    Some filler was needed to fix some ejector marks on the inside of the plates left and right from the engine.

    The next four pictures shows where Im at at the moment, if you would like to know whats in the box, check out my in box review of the RG-31

    The chasis of the RG-31 Nyala

    Other view of the chasis

    Chasis close-up

    Storage boxes of the RG-31 Nyala

    #11785
    Profile photo of Boris Kamp
    Boris Kamp
    Keymaster
    @boris-kamp

    Last week I have been busy with the build of the RG-31 Nyala. I completed about 90 % of the build, the remaining 10% will be added after the paintjob.
    The roof is not glued to the rest of the Nyala because I still need to paint the interior and that would be difficult with the roof on it.

    Here are some pictures of the exterior:

    exterior left front

    Nyala Exterior right front

    Nyala Exterior right rear

    RG-31 Nyala Exterior left rear

    And a close-up of the rear door opening:

    And a close-up of the rear door opening

    I thought this would be a nice angle for a picture

    I thought this would be a nice angle for a picture

    The gunner turret. I gave some extra detail to the M2 by adding an brass details

    The gunner turret RG-31 Nyala

    Other view of the gunner turret (1:35 RG-31 Nyala Kinetic)

    rear view of the gunner turret (1:35 RG-31 Nyala Kinetic)

    The M2 with extra detail (1:35 RG-31 Nyala Kinetic)

    And some parts still to be glued in position. Ill wait with this until I painted the interior etc for easy working

    windows, hatches etc (1:35 RG-31 Nyala Kinetic)

    I hope you guys liked it! If you have any questions feel free to ask them.

    #11786
    Profile photo of Boris Kamp
    Boris Kamp
    Keymaster
    @boris-kamp

    In this update on the RG-31 Nyala by Kinetic I’ll show you the exterior painting.

    First I painted the exterior side of the bulletproof windows in transparent blue color by Tamiya, then I glued them to the model and masked them.

    After the masking the model was ready to be painted in the desert color, I used Model Master’s ‘sand’ for the color:

    right frontside sand color (1:35 RG-31 Nyala Kinetic)

    sand color applied (1:35 RG-31 Nyala Kinetic)

    base color painted (1:35 RG-31 Nyala Kinetic)

    desert color (1:35 RG-31 Nyala Kinetic)

    painted base coat (1:35 RG-31 Nyala Kinetic)

    After airbrushing the sand color on the model I unmasked the windows, painted details and applied the decals:

    painted details, removed masks (1:35 RG-31 Nyala Kinetic)

    details painted (1:35 RG-31 Nyala Kinetic)

    decals applied and details painted (1:35 RG-31 Nyala Kinetic)

    ready to start weathering! (1:35 RG-31 Nyala Kinetic)

    completed the build, weathering next (1:35 RG-31 Nyala Kinetic)

    Next up is the weathering and painting the wheels.

    When weathering I’ll try to tone down the blue color on the windows a little since they look a little to blue if you ask me.

    I hope you guys liked it!

    #11787
    Profile photo of Boris Kamp
    Boris Kamp
    Keymaster
    @boris-kamp

    The model is finished! You can view the final pictures and an overview of the build here on my RG-31 Nyala showcase
    I hope you guys enjoyed my build log, if you have any questions, feel free to ask and I’ll be happy to reply!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.